Monday, July 30, 2007

I King 17: 18

1Kings 17 verse 18 (New International Version)
She said to Elijah, "What do you have against me, man of God? Did you come to remind me of my sin and kill my son?"

It is a universal human experience that when things go seriously wrong, among the first things that we do is introspect. We usually blame ourselves and think that our predicament must be as a result of some bad thing that we did in our past (see John 9 verses 1-3). Just like the lady in this story, we believe that God must be angry with us and must be punishing us.

How wrong we are! While it is true that we do suffer hard consequences for our sins, 9 out of 10 times we are wrong about the cause of the bad times that we are going through. Be encouraged today. God is not angry with you. Move close to him and ask for his help. You will be pleasantly surprised at what he will do for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home